The Latest News
- 21 Reasons to Visit Nantucket This Fall, From Drive-In Movies to Vintage Shopping 22/09/2020 - There was—at one point in the not so distant past—a defined high season for coastal destinations like the island getaway of Nantucket. Namely, the strict Memorial Day to Labor Day window in which the local population usually swelled with city escapists, their bags full of rosé and white denim. But, as our offices become more... View Article
- Why Nantucket Is the Perfect Getaway This Summer 06/07/2020 - With its uncrowded beaches and miles of bike trails, the island offers the ideal escape this season. Read the full article at Galerie Magazine.
- Donna Isham joins Hostetler Gallery 20/01/2020 - Donna’s oil paintings sing with David’s art- celebrating the female form, energy and power! Let me customize the art I show you. Your home is an expression of you. Send me a photo of the space that needs art, I can photoshop art of your choice. SusanCall or text, let me know what to send... View Article
- What’s New, October 2019 21/10/2019 - Introducing new art and new services for our collectors Cape Lady III in polished bronze with BMW Glasurit car paint. 70″h. She can live indoors and outdoors. We used Photoshop to insert Ellen Carey’s photography into a clients home. The next step is to add a frame. We can also do this with sculpture- you... View Article
- Associate Professor of Photography Ellen Carey’s Show Opens in Paris 08/04/2019 -
Women in Colour: Anna Atkins, Colour Photography and Those Struck by Light, a group exhibition of colour photography based on original research by Ellen Carey, associate professor of photography, opens at Galerie Miranda in Paris on April 26 and remains on view through June 15.The show presents Ellen Carey's original research on the contributions of women photographers in color, starting with Victorian Anna Atkins (1799-1871, England), who is also a pioneer in color photography.Carey's t...
- Carey Highlighted at PARIS PHOTO 07/11/2018 -
At the invitation of France's ministry of culture and PARIS PHOTO, Carey's large scale Crush and Pulls were selected for the PathsEllesX PARIS PHOTO. Her works were acololso selected by JPMorgan Chase Art Collection for a curator's highlights guide. It includes just 20 photographers as "must see".
- Hadwen House Sculpture Show – June 21 to December 31, 2018 10/07/2018 -
Tribal Figure, 9ft. bronze gets star placement on front porch of this grand Greek Revival home turned museum in Nantucket. "Juxtapostions" organized by James Russel, Director of Nantucket Historical Association ,invited 6 sculptors to exhibit work in the 19th century garden of this property.
- Art Werger’s Shifting Tide of Realism 10/07/2018 -
Read articles from the local press here:East Hampton Star OnlineEast Hampton Star PDFSunday Messenger PDF
The Hostetler Gallery email newsletter informs you of upcoming shows, artwork, news about our artists and their careers. You will have priority access to the new artwork. We keep it short!